Sunday, June 29, 2008

An emotional week

This week has been particularly emotional for me. Emotional as in I have experienced almost every kind of emotion one could ever get. That includes happiness, sadness, disappointment, anger, enlightenment, excitement, touched, curiousness, resentment, betrayal, surprises and love.

Sometimes you just treasure something so much, letting go is akin to denying one's own existence.

Maybe being overly concerned is just a flaw of mine, and my ideals are too idealistic, but isn't it better than a world that I have to tackle with trickery everyday?

Felt really disappointed when I understood the situation, but maybe I should feel grateful. If not for one disappoint, I could never have understood that there are many others out there to support me. Big thanks :)

When someone says that they are disappointed by their common test results, it seems to get to me that why should someone feel that way? Maybe it's due to the fact that so much time has been spent on their results and they did not get what they anticipated, thus resulting in utter disappointment. Whereas, on the other hand, I am not disappointed by my bad results since I did not put in any effort, but to be hit by another strong blow when I have put in all my effort, the feeling is not a good one.

Maybe we should all just take a step back and look at the overall situation, not everything goes as planned, but also not everything fails in its way.

Either I think too much, or my adversity quotient is really low, as this is one incident that I find it particularly hard to bounce back.

The more the hope and expectations one harbor... the greater the disappointment one can suffer.

But it's always better to understand the situation earlier, and the first week of a start of a new term, yup that's rather early and fortunate for me. :)

Friends should not keep the truth from one another, especially when the truth gets in the way of lies. - Jon Teo

Not everyone agrees, I'm sure, but its better than compromising all the way.

Anyways, I joined the culinary club and I'm really glad to do so! Well everything was fun and enjoyable and I made a few new friends! Everyone was really friendly and I really enjoyed learning about culinary as I have always had interest in culinary, especially after learning that my dad was a really great chef! :)

I wonder if it's fate, but if I had not been disappointed by the troubles I had and stayed in school with Mei Yun to do project work, I would never have taken the culinary bus and would never have gotten to make new friends like Cynthia, Hui Wen, Guo Xiang, Jochebed, Yao Lu and many others haha! (Sorry, I cannot remember everyone in two short hours!) Everyone was so friendly and fun and all I had to do was watch the teacher cook while I appreciate the aftermath and maybe do some washing up. Heheh, I kept all the recipes just in case my hands get itchy LOL.

Didn't manage to make it to the stay over at Justus's house on Friday night but well, I made it to the fun day yesterday morning. Felt so fortunate to have such great friends in PPPPPP to cheer me up haha! :) Went for swimming and sun-tanning, but can just skip the sun-tanning part. A few hours of tanning and I'm still as white as ever while Justus and Candice are like so tanned. Feel so bu shuang haha!

And last night was TOTAL MADNESS for me!!! Met up with Sindy to just have a chat, but it was certainly more that that haha! Since we know that we tell each other almost EVERYTHING, truth or dare would not be fun if we played truth and so it was a DARE or DOUBLE DARE GAME!

It was certainly madness at Mcdonalds as I was forced to drink one whole packet of curry sauce, while I dared Sindy to go collect 50 packets of garlic chilly from the counter. HAHA the expression of the person-in-charge was so damn funny and he asked the manager over and we got around 30 packets I think LOL. Following that, I was dared to do a standing broad jump in the middle of the road, and well I did and I tripped LOL. And we just ran away as fast as we could as everyone was looking at us. And this was yet followed by my dare of asking Sindy to go outside a hawker centre and scream WTF.

LOL it was so hiong all the uncles and aunties were staring at us as we ran away AGAIN. Made many calls to say I love you to random people and made me feel so pai seh! Haha shall not mention names :)

Really, I'm so glad to have friends like Hong Wen, Por Yee, Justus, Candice, Mei Yun, Ee Chow and Sindy whom could truly understand my feelings fully and allow me to confide in them. Love you guys.

-I never felt happier when I smsed you, but your reply certainly brought me to a new level of happiness. Love you forever :)- To the one I have not forgotten :)

Shall not be emotional and brood over stuffs that are over, since we never know what tomorrow brings. Be optimistic all :) Even if it's really hard to do so at times.

As much as a BFF can make you go WTF, theres no denying we would all be a little less rich without them.

No comments: