Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Signing up for NS o,O and pissed yet again!

Today was such a bad day since the supposedly hard (I supposed de) maths test was actually a 12 marks quiz and was damn freaking easy.

Like omg wth?! After I finished my late-night blogging yesterday I mugged from 11.17pm-1.10am and I didn't even know I spent so much time on mugging!!! (Basically just read through but I did my tutorials de k!)

And so I was like wth the maths quiz so easy and yet I couldn't get full marks due to one stupid careless mistake.

SO FREAKING SAD DUE TO THAT!!! I WAS SINCERELY AIMING FOR FULL MARKS LA!!! I WAS SO EXCITED DURING THE TEST MY HAND WAS SHAKING AND I WAS CHIONGING THROUGH EVERYTHING LIKE MAD AND THIS IS WHAT I GET!!!

But well, at least I got an A, better than nothing. (At this point of time, the test may not even be marked yet. :D)

Fortunately, chemistry lecture just went a great upturn and I understood the lecture completely today. Shall do my tutorials later!!! HOHOHO!!! :D

Noticed the fact that I'm such a procrastinator I slacked for one whole day to just chiong my homework at night. :P

Went shopping again in the afternoon and ended up buying facial toner at body shop for myself. No more spending on presents!!! :D

Came home to submit my NS registration but for some reason the letter they sent me did not give me my ID and Pass and I had to call them. (Ee Chow also never get the ID and Pass so it's not my fault la!)

And since I'm moving back and stuffs, I cannot get my new ID and Pass in time! ZZZ LA!!! Now I have to deal with address issues, YAWNS.

Luckily Singpass, another kind of login way exists, and Bedok community centre is less then 20s walk from my current house for me to type my new password! :D

So forgetting about signing up for NS, since it reminds me of all the PTs in army so I shall go on to how I'm pissed since I'm HUNGRY.

A hungry man is an angry man.

Being hungry makes you angry and according to AC. Grayling, anger is the worst kind of emotion even if it spurs you on. Anger makes me view things with a straight mind, and makes me self-centered! (Okay la I am in the first place but who the heck is not lol!)

And so, when I'm angry, I point out whatever mistake that piss me off, and go along to being mad and frenzy.

But you cannot blame my brain for telling me to act this way because I'm HUNGRY.

And heck la don't act like you know everything, I just don't bother explaining. So don't force me to and make me judge you. (And I'm not talking about you, just another incident :D LOL!)

LALALA oh well shall forget about what happened. Sam Teo is currently being nice and asking me to sign up for the MOE scholarship networking session! YEA!!! And so I'm going too!!! HAHA!!!

And speaking of AC. Grayling, it reminds me of capital punishment. And no matter how I think of it, I'm still against capital punishment. Isn't it weird how we're making criminals face the death penalty because they have committed murder? Yes, the law is now judging them and there is no wrong in that, they have hurt hearts beyond their victims and seemingly, they deserve to face capital punishment especially if its pre-meditated murder.

But I'm not hereby sympathizing with these criminals just because they have to face death for their actions, but why are we ending human lives so readily? An eye for an eye, that appears fair, and so since you killed, you have to die. But is that really the case?

Nothing in life is really fair in the first place (I do not sing as well as David Archuleta!!!!!!), and so we want to make things fair. So now it's I help you, so you have to help me back. I help you do this, I help you do that, so in return you must...

Heck la, we should just face the fact that life is unfair but that does not mean we must become freaking realistic right?

I know I'm have no say in this since I'm not the victim's or criminal's direct relatives but for the criminal facing capital punishment, does that really dissipate the anger, grief and terror in the heart of the victim's family and friends. I know the answer is obviously no, and so why are we yet allowing the death of a criminal to represent the morally justified punishment for a criminal when it seems no amount of punishment can ever justify such a crime.

And so they are being judged fairly through a trial for committing murder or drug-trafficking, fair enough, but what about the family members of the criminal? By applying capital punishment, the criminal's closed one suffers too, and so are we just ignoring these people's feelings? It does not mean that just because we care about the criminal's closed ones feeling, and so we ignore those of the victim's, the feeling exists for both parties and should be understood and sympathized upon.

Everyone is subjected to death in the end, and so since lifetime imprisonment is expensive, it seems capital punishment is the best choice since it also serves as a warning for all criminals.

I saw this online from http://www.capitalpunishmentuk.org/thoughts.html.

Conclusion.
At the end of the debate, we would seem to be left with three options.

1) Not to have the death penalty and the genuine problems it causes and continue to accept the relatively high levels of murder and other serious crimes that we presently have.

2) Reintroduce capital punishment for just the "worst" murderers which would at least be some retribution for the terrible crimes they have committed and would permanently incapacitate them. It would also save a small amount of money each year which could, perhaps, be spent on the more genuinely needy. This option is unlikely to reduce overall crime levels.

3) Reintroduce the death penalty in the really strict format outlined above and see a corresponding drop in serious crime whilst accepting that there will be a lot of human misery caused to the innocent families of criminals and that there will be the occasional, if inevitable, mistakes.

Even though I'm against capital punishment, I am unable to make a choice. Heheh, you can think about your choice slowly!

Looking at the life of the parties involved, I'm against capital punishment since the pain felt by the victim's closed ones is surely equivalent to that felt by the criminals' closed ones and we must never be biased against the feelings felt by the latter. However, looking at how capital punishment helps the country as a whole by decreasing crime rate, I'm for capital punishment since that also serve to decrease the amount of hurt parties.

Therefore, for me, I have no conclusion since feelings cannot be measured.

Just hope the idealistic world, the real utopia would arrive and no one would even bother debating about capital punishment since there would be no crime. :D (If the world doesn't end in 2012!)

Maybe I'm just weird but I don't feel that much fear for death somehow as how others say so. I simply view it as an end and therefore we must live our lives to the fullest everyday now or simply because I'm not emotionally matured enough to understand the implications of death. It would be terrible to lose contact with loved ones, but since it has to come, why fear or even waste the effort to fear when you could spend more efforts and time on these relationships?

And so, I don't know to what extent does death as a punishment actually serve to stop people from actually committing a crime. So my ultimate stand would be too hard to accept and weird I suppose! And since circumstances are always different, this makes it even harder to view in another's point of view with a set of values imbued in the mind.

Omg I spent too much time on blogging today le!!!

BE OPTIMISTIC MORE!!! AND LIVE LIFE TO THE FULLEST!!!!!!! :D

No comments: