Monday, October 22, 2012

Attempting to enjoy the finer, minute things in life

Wow, wasn't today just productive! Studied for at least 6 hours?! Although I only studied 2 subjects!!! (Bio!!! I will get to you soon!!!)

So HA! Now's finally my rest time yet again! But first, let me first brag about my Nike 10km run!

Yes, yes, I know it's just 10km, but surprisingly I broke my promise to run any marathons after that terrifying ordeal of 42km! (Paralysed at home for 3 days, scary much?)

And so, I completed it with Abraham, Givon and Jia Hui! Thank you all sooo much for running together! As in going for the run! (Lol, in the end only me and Jia Hui left running together! Cause Givon was like some racing car -.-)


Before the race early in the morning where we're not late!!!


Freaking cool dog wearing a Nike shirt, just so damn cute and awesome!





HAHA Ain't all our butt prints nice! LOL!!!

Final shot after the race! The finisher tee looks like shit though! -.-

Oh! And feel like sharing some structures we made during biology practical! LOL! It's like Lego!!!








DAMN COOL RIGHT! I still don't get any of the gene structures thing yet but shall mug them soon!!! Damn awesome to complete it! Haha big thanks to tom and another lab partner!

Went for Bridge CCA on Thursday night to play GOGOGO and German Bridge, since we just ain't that interested in contract bridge. Quite awesome it is, to simply stray away from a hectic life and just enjoy laughing and playing cards with friends. Been awhile since I got to appreciate that, and I must say I really miss it.

Why make card playing so competitive? =P We are just a bunch of simple folks trying to outwit each other and have fun at the same time! =P The joy of winning, oh my just indescribable! AND SHOUTING OLD MAID AT EE CHOW WAS THE BEST MOMENT EVER! LOL!

Played again on Friday night, but this time we put in the element of watching Digimon! Omg so damn nice to just relive old memories.

I swear I'm gonna force my kids to watch every single season of Digimon till season 4. No way are they going to watch that rubbish on tv which is like not even funny?! (Except maybe Ben 10 and Phineas and Ferb, Jimmy Neutron, Fairly Oddparents, Spongebob is acceptable for now!)

What happened to the good old shows?! Foster Home for Imaginary friends? Dexter? Captain Planet? Courage the Cowardly Dog? Lilo and Stitch? Heck even Akazukin Cha Cha! I heard some creators of these awesome shows stopped producing cartoons/retired! Haix, we need them back so badly!

Ohana means family, and family means no one gets forgotten or left behind.

I totally encoded that into my long term memory! Loving Lilo and Stitch!


Kids needs more cartoons that are good!

Okay enough about cartoons! Time to talk about Hard Rock Hotel and celebrating my buddy's birthday!!! =D

That damn ice box thing in the table is just FREAKING COOL! LOL!

Suite




Buddy's birthday gift from us!


All my dear army pals who turned up! :)
And so... Happy 21st Buddy! =D Must be more mature from now on and go find a gf asap la!

(Lol, and yang zhi shaving his head was just damn funny! LOL!)

And haha just spent like an hour bitching with Nelson Quak! We are in the same faculty but we somehow NEVER see each other!

Well, he's still a bitch that is doing very well in terms of academics I must say! (Still got a shock to hear he's in Dragonboating, still refuses to believe it now LOL)

Met Dong Dong too! LOL! Like super long no see la! Miss all my medic pals from back then!

Haha! Can't wait to meet up again! (DEC 7! MY BIRTHDAY PARTY! =D)

Took mrt back with Yong Ze, and listening to him rant about Taylor Swift's new album Red! Lol! One crazy country music fanboy friend I have! -.- Loving Begin Again though!

Oh and on a random note, my razor mouse broke down and the precision is going all crazy on me! Wanted to get a new and better razor mouse but went to research and apparently I got the best and most popular one without realizing wow. -_-

Last but DEFINITELY NOT least: Vampire Diaries Season 4 Episode 2!



Don't talk, don't say a thing 
'Cause your eyes, they tell me more than your words 
Don't go, don't leave me now 
'Cause they say the best way out is through
 
And I am short on words 

Knowing what's occurred 
She begins to leave because of me
Her bag is now much heavier 

I wish that I could carry her  
But this is our ungodly hour
 
I know you're leaving now 

'Cause I held on to my way tightly 
Stay still until you know  
Tomorrow finds the best way out is through
 
And I am short on words  

Knowing what's occurred  
She begins to leave because of me
Her bag is now much heavier  

I wish that I could carry her 
But this is our ungodly hour 
Ungodly hour, ungodly hour
 

And I am short on words 
Knowing what's occurred  
She begins to leave because of me
Her bag is now much heavier 

I wish that I could carry her 
But this is our ungodly hour Ungodly hour, ungodly hour
 

Her bag is now much heavier I wish that I could carry her  
But this is our ungodly hour

Shall not spoil the episode... But just wanted to take out my favorite speech and post it here!!!

Damon:
Floating lanterns in the sky, can you believe that? Japanese lantern is a symbol of letting go of the past, well here's a newsflash, we're not Japanese.

You know what they are? Children. Like lighting a candle's gonna make everything okay, or even saying a prayer, or pretending Elena is not going to end up like the rest of us murderous vampires.

Stupid, delusional, exasperating little children. I know what you're going to say, it makes them feel better Damon. So what? For how long? A minute? A day? What difference does it make?  

Because in the end, when you lose somebody, every candle, every prayer is not going to make up for the fact that the only thing you have left is a hole in your life where that somebody that you cared about used to be.

And a rock, with a birthday carved into it that I'm pretty sure is wrong. So thanks, friend, thanks for leaving me here to babysit, because I should be long gone by now. I didn't get the girl, remember? I'm just stuck here fighting with my brother and taking care of the kids. You owe me big. 

Alaric: I miss you too, buddy.

So yup, one of the best speeches in the entire series... Simply awesome, and somehow it feels like everyone could relate to it. Who hasn't lost somebody after all? 

Missing Alaric so much already, to our dear Vampire hunter, guardian and buddy. 

And so here I am, attempting to enjoy the finer, minute things in life. Not that hard really, considering  how everything around us is just so beautiful once you take a step back and just take it in slowly, enjoyably.

So to everyone who's stressed out, I highly recommend watching the vampire diaries to destress.

Firstly, the series is amazing, secondly, the cast is awesome, lastly, their choice of music is impeccable.

So yea, here's to the cast and production team for making my Fridays less monotonous. Thanks a lot, really. After a long week, this really means a lot to me.

Be optimistic all, remember to take a break from this ungodly hour. :)

No comments: