Thursday, November 15, 2007

Grad Day speech

Graduation Day Speech

Good morning everybody, my name is Jonathan and I am representing 4G for today's graduation speech.

To everybody sitting here in the audience, I have no doubts that there are some who treat today as nothing special since we will still see each other next year due to our DHP programme, but I believe there is also sadness today, for you may not be exactly leaving the Dunman High family today, but you will instead, be leaving your class for sure.

To that, I must say that even I am truly depressed about leaving my class after two years of memorable times. Ever since we have stepped into Dunman High, I am sure we have all had teachers and friends that stood by us, and the teachers that have stood by us are not just teachers that only teach us academically, but also teachers that have taught us to be a moral person in life. To this, I would really like to thank every single teacher in this school for standing by us no matter how playful and naughty we may be over the past few years.

And for friends, I believe all of us have found true friendship in Dunman High. Personally, I started out in Dunman High with practically only friends from my primary school and I never thought I could really make so many good friends in Dunman High since there were only strangers around me in my new class. But time has really proven me otherwise and today, I have gained many friends that stand by me whenever I need help and friends that bring joy to my everyday life. For that, what I have gained from Dunman High is really something a speech cannot express, and I believe this applies to all of us here. Although we may have had a lot of unhappiness in Dunman High and we could have grumbled alot, but I believe deep in our hearts, we actually appreciate this big family, and give thanks to what this big family have given us.

Not mentioning anything far away, but this year's level camp in Malaysia was certainly a unique opportunity for every single class to bond. My class, 4G, have even won the class song competition. All of us certainly felt the class spirit while singing our class song, and at that moment, I could not imagine being in any other class. So is I 我永远不要失去4g!!!

But today, I would also be forced to leave my favourite class, 4G, but I sincerely hope that we would all be optimistic about this separation and keep in mind that everyone's class spirit would never cease to exist.

This is really not the end, but just the beginning.

Finally, I would like to give special thanks to our form teacher, Li Lao Shi. Without you, I doubt 4G will ever be as bonded as we are now and although you constantly nag at us, it just shows how much you care. We would certainly miss a teacher like you, and you will forever remain in our hearts. Xie Xie Ni, Li Lao Shi.

Thank you.

Lol, this brings back so many good and bad memories since everything I wrote truely reflected what I felt... :D

BE OPTIMISTIC!!! Just went to swim and feel super fit again haha! :D

No comments: